Saturday, December 18, 2010

BLT Salad

This is a yummy salad that we had at Jeremy's grandmother's on Thanksgiving. Very good and pretty quick to prepare!

BLT Salad
Lettuce - I chopped and washed 3 little bunches of hearts of romaine (they come 3 in a package)
* The recipe calls for 6 hard boiled eggs, chopped. I hate boiled eggs so I left this out.
1 can of chopped black olives
2 medium tomatoes, diced
*The recipe calls for one small red onion- I don't like raw onion, so I used sliced green onions.
1 can of Mexi-corn
1 bottle of Kraft ranch dressing - the lady insisted that you must use regular Kraft ranch!
2 c. of shredded cheddar cheese
bacon bits - I couldn't remember if the salad had real or fake crunchy bacon bits so I used some of both.

You layer the ingredients in that order and can make it up to a day ahead of time. Just don't mix it, otherwise all your lettuce will get wilty.
I used a pretty trifle bowl and you can see all the different colored layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment